We got there and filled our plates with yummy Mark's Feed Store goodies, including the amazing potato salad that we had heard fabulous things about. We were able to sit with our former CG leaders, Jeremy & Destiny and their new little one, Titus. We also got to know some new people throughout the night. Chad Lewis serenaded us with tunes from the early 90's and we got to watch a riveting game of Family Feud, Sojourn style. The best part of the entertainment was Chad's acoustic rendition of Ice, Ice Baby, which he felt epitomized what community meant. :)
Near the end of the evening, volunteers passed out some goodies from our groups. Our group (the best group, I might say...) had prepared an amazing box of goodies for us. Not only was it really pretty to look at, but when we got home, we found some amazingly useful and fun things too! Rusty and I were cracking up as we read the "key" and opened the corresponding bag of wonderfulness.
Near the end of the evening, volunteers passed out some goodies from our groups. Our group (the best group, I might say...) had prepared an amazing box of goodies for us. Not only was it really pretty to look at, but when we got home, we found some amazingly useful and fun things too! Rusty and I were cracking up as we read the "key" and opened the corresponding bag of wonderfulness. 
...Leave it to a group with Beth Crouser in it to give us cleaning supplies! :) Which, I might say, are super useful and so creative! We were so encouraged by the verses and notes from each and every couple. It was such a special gift and meant so much to us. If you look closely you can see the gift card to Cafe Classico, our favorite restaurant! Here's what they thought of me: Notice the bow on the bald head...

Rusty was excited about the cleaning supplies just as much as I was...until he opened the last bag and found some chocolate treaties!

Oh, he was excited...

We have really loved getting to know each and every couple in our group this year. They have been so much more of a blessing to us than they will ever know. We love them each dearly and look forward to continuing to deepen our relationship with them over the summer! :)

2 comments:
Hooray! I didn't even think about the fact that I (of course) encouraged a gift with cleaning products. It just so happens that cleaning products have really "useable" names! :)
Glad you enjoyed it; we all had so much fun blessing you. Now don't be afraid to take all those cleaning supplies back to Target and get something far less practical! :)
hahaha wait, beth, you didn't think about that?!? didn't everyone else??
we love you guys!
Post a Comment