After we got home from church yesterday, Rusty and I had planned a quiet afternoon of me doing laundry and Rusty doing some much needed homework. We were quietly going about our tasks when we heard a tapping. It was pretty consistent, like a dripping faucet, but it was much louder than a faucet. I went outside and couldn’t hear it…went to the kitchen and couldn’t hear it. I determined that it was in our basement. Rusty was working so hard that he ignored it for the most part, until…we suddenly heard a chirp/screech from our sunroom. Rusty and I crept over to the kitchen door to see if there was a stuck bird in the sunroom. We looked and looked and looked…and (!) out jumped a chipmunk! He jumped down from one of the windows and ran underneath our stand up freezer. Rusty and I went out to see if we could encourage the little guy to flee out the door. Rusty grabbed a broom and I was the intimidation factor to keep him from going down the stairs into the basement. Several tries later, we decided to try to capture him with a big bowl. We would then get something under the bowl and take him outside. It was a great idea, except for the fact that chipmunks are fast little creatures when they are scared! Needless to say, a scared chipmunk is not intimidated by a screaming (just a little bit) girl jumping out of its way as it headed down to the basement.
Then, we meant business! He had decided to go to the bathroom as we were chasing it, and I did not want chipmunk gross-ness all over our boxes downstairs! Rusty and I both got brooms and we made loud noises and scared the little guy out of the basement, up the stairs and right out the door! (As he was turning to run up the stairs, his little feet were slipping from underneath him, so it looked like one of the cartoon chipmunks that is trying to run, but can’t!) Well, he was super cute, but we couldn’t have the little guy living in our basement :) We didn’t have time to grab the camera, so, here is one of his relatives :) Happy Monday!
No comments:
Post a Comment