Wednesday, November 18, 2009

It's been a long time, friends...

Sorry about the month absence from blogging. Rusty and I have had a lot going on, but it's been sort of hard to blog about it.

First news first...This morning I officially handed in my 2 weeks' notice to my job. Whew! It feels like a weight has been lifted off! I am very sad to leave the girls that I work with, but I am relieved to leave the broker I work for. December 2nd will be a very happy (some sad) day indeed! I start my new job at Summit Energy on December 7th! I'm ready for a new challenge and the opportunity to work with nice people! :) Thanks to everyone who prayed me through this really hard decision and thanks for continuing to pray through the transition.

Other news: We finally have the carpet up in our bedroom! Well, we don't have all of it up...we were too lazy to move the really heavy dresser, so we cut the carpet around that and we didn't even mess with our closets. But, for the most part, the carpet is up!

Before:

During:

After: ...oh, what's that Rusty's working on??

Hum....what could that be??I know its getting hard to guess...maybe if I gave you a clue??

Well, it must have drawers in it...

And, man oh man, won't Rusty be tired and ready to lie down after he's done?Yup, good job...Rusty put together our brand new bed!!

Here he is testing it out with Killer...Killer was the first to test it out.

We don't have a headboard yet, but that will come in time!
You can sort of see here that the bed has 3 drawers on each side!! yay!!

And, what is Rusty wearing?? That is a super cool Handcrafted McKie Pipes t-shirt! :) Get them while you can! (this picture is for Momma Vicki...he's wearing a Medium) :)

Can you tell what's missing in that last photo? Yup, it is our tall dresser...with the extra storage under the bed, we were able to get rid of our sweater chest that sat in the corner...boy does that make a huge difference in the feeling of space in the room!

Wow...lots of news for this post. I'll leave you with that :)

No comments: