We began the green beans in small seedling starters even though you really don't have to. We did it because we didn't have a plot of ground ready for them to go into. Last weekend, Rusty was kind enough to till up some of our back yard to get the little guys in the ground. Here's the before picture:
...And after Rusty's hard work, here is our little strip of garden :)
After I came home from some errands, I went right to work in the back yard. I planted our little greenie-beanies all in a row. We also picked up two tomato plants at Lowes, so we got those in the ground as well!So, there you have it...our small first season garden. We are hoping to till up just a bit more ground so we can get a second crop of green beans going. We also have to work to string up the little beans so they don't fall over. We also are going to get some little cages or something for our tomaties! I will keep you updated on how things go :)


1 comment:
Hellooooooo Louisville!! So happy that I was able to catch up with your blog while here at Raven's house waiting for her to dress for our "Walmart trip". Rusty has been telling me by phone about all of your adventures, but I loved seeing your pics and "hearing" your version of the stories here. He forgot to tell me that you cut your hair -- I LOVE IT - LOVE IT! In fact I'm wanting to get mine cut off again too - you have inspired me. Thanks for the phone calls in recent weeks. I love hearing from you both and maybe I will be able to stay in touch online better now that I'm up and around a little more. Love to you both. Mama Vicki
Post a Comment